Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's, Etc.

My parents are coming over tomorrow for a belated Christmas and New Year's brunch.

Current Menu:

Bacon and Cheddar Scones
Crepes Farcies (Fancier than it sounds. It's just crepes rolled up with ham and cheese, arranged in a baking dish, topped with sour cream, and heated. Heaven on a plate.)
Blueberry Coffee Cake
Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies (Because we can't get enough of these.)

I'm flirting with the idea of a salad or fruit dish to lighten things, so I'll probably hit the market tomorrow morning and see what looks appetizing. Perhaps something with spinach and clementines? With nuts? Who knows. The meal wants for a festive beverage to round things out, but I wasn't together enough to pick one up.

Later on, we're meeting my aunt, her boyfriend and my cousin for supper in Flushing, which should be fun. CodeMonkey are bickering over where to take them; my mother requested that we please keep the heat level to something reasonable, as the rest of the family is not interested in eye watering, tongue searing spice.

Happy 2013, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment