Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Year's Resolution Update

Time for the quarterly new year's resolution checkup.

2013 Goals

1. Meet financial goal.
Met and substantially exceeded, thanks to the windfall! The target goal amount has now been revised substantially upward. We've met 87% of the revised goal and are on track to meet it by the end of the year.

2. Go cold sheep. Like cold turkey, only for yarn.
I bought two cones of wool and a couple skeins of a merino-angora blend. Bad girl, so this one was a failure.

3. Buy no more than one article of clothing per paycheck.
The red and blue floral wrap dresses were returned, so that would be 6 articles of clothing, to which I added 1 sundress, 2 pairs of black sandals, a pair of black flats and 2 skirts. That puts me at 12 pieces for the year, which is right on track. Go me!

In other news, I've seriously slashed my sugar intake and adopted a paleoish diet, with fantastic results. I'm thinner, have more energy and less joint pain, but it's been less than a month, so the jury is still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment