Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

On our third date, I told CodeMonkey that I was chronically ill. So ill, in fact, that my doctor didn't think I'd ever be able to work a normal job.

I'm thankful for the modern medicine that means this never happened, that enabled me to resume a normal life.

I'm even more thankful that CodeMonkey was unfazed by this revelation and said he'd care for us both, if need be.

I'm thankful I had the good sense to realize then that he was a keeper.

I'm most thankful for him, his love, and his unfailing patience in the subsequent years. The years with him have been the happiest of my life. I'm thankful for my parents, and their sacrifices on my behalf. I'm thankful for my in-laws, and their love for me. I'm thankful I live in the most thrilling city in the world. I'm thankful I have everything I need and most of what I want. I consider myself the most blessed woman in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment