Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thyroid

I have Hashimoto's disease. In layman's terms, this means I don't have a thyroid. My last endocrinologist believes I developed this condition around age 13. I started medication at 18, but managing it fell by the wayside between other, more serious medical problems and multiple post-college moves.

I'm seeing a new endocrinologist who increased my dosage by 10% after reviewing my test results. I'm seemingly losing weight a bit more easily now, and I have more energy than I can ever remember. That's great. I'm no longer coming home from work and collapsing into bed. We do stuff out of the house on weekends! On the other hand, I'm struggling to fall asleep. I can't sleep more than 6 or 7 hours a night, and I am unable to fall asleep before midnight. I'm not sure if this is a good trade off.

No comments:

Post a Comment